Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

analytics_uk
Helper I
Helper I

Append 2 Queries - turn off refresh on only 1 of the queries

Hi, 

As the title says I want to append two queries but I want only 1 of the queries to refresh.

I have tried to untick 'include in report refresh' for the query in question but in the appended query it refreshed this table as well!

any help will be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@analytics_uk Well, one option that you might have would be to ditch the Append query and load both tables into the model. Hide them and create a DAX UNION table. You could then disable refresh on the one query and then it won't refresh. Granted, more data in your data model but maybe that's OK. You also might try enabling load on the query you don't want to refresh (I'm assuming it is disabled) and see if that prevents it from refreshing. I don't think it will. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@analytics_uk Do you have a total of 3 queries, so your two source queries and then a separate Append query?

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler  Yes, so that is using 'Append Query as New'.

I have tried the other way as well - so just 'Append Query' where I will have 2 queries in total but the same issue persists !

@analytics_uk Well, one option that you might have would be to ditch the Append query and load both tables into the model. Hide them and create a DAX UNION table. You could then disable refresh on the one query and then it won't refresh. Granted, more data in your data model but maybe that's OK. You also might try enabling load on the query you don't want to refresh (I'm assuming it is disabled) and see if that prevents it from refreshing. I don't think it will. 

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler thanks, this works although like you say it duplicates the data for the queries in question. The only other thing I can think of that won't do this is to load the query i don't want to refersh as a csv. since it'll be a static file i think that might work as well!

If you need to do schedule refresh, you will have a problem with csv files

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors