Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rogerh
Helper II
Helper II

Api limit of 1000 records - getting the next 1000 records and so on - Dotdigital, Power BI, Web API

Good afternoon,

I am quite new to Power BI but have connected a few datasources.

I used the Power BI Service, Web API to connect to Dotdigital. I created a flow for the Contacts - we have over 150k records. However I only get 1000 records back, i belive this is due to their API limitation. (I added the dataflow to PBI Desktop to check and confirm there are only 1000 records total). To get around this issue before I used a script to get the 'next page' and the 'next' (and so on) then compile the list. When I tried this script on this API I got the same 1000 records every time. (I added the flow to PBID and had 1000 unique but 200,000 total records.) 

I am looking for a way to get collect the first 1000 records, then the next 1000s until I get all of the contacts. Can anyone please assist with some code I can use or base my research on? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
21 REPLIES 21

Thank you for your reply. I am unable to find the answer in the API documentation so have raised a ticket with them to find out

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors