Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raul
Post Patron
Post Patron

Analysis service connection don't show all data

Hello Community.

I need your help to find a problem I have with an Analysis Service cube: the cube contains all the records returned by the applied query, with their dimensions. If I create from Power BI Desktop a connection against the cube and add one by one the dimensions, the records displayed are all and correct but, when I add a measure from the cube, not all the records are displayed, only a few (example: the total number of records is 250.000 and only 6.700 are displayed).
Does anyone know what could be happening, what is the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raul ,

What is the connection mode you are connecting to AS? If it is a live connection, try to use import mode to import data, then create the data model and check if the data is the same as the live connection.

vstephenmsft_1-1644482967622.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft 

The connection mode is import data. And the result its the same than if I connect with LC.

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Raul ,

I don't have any experience with AS Cubes, but I do know that Power BI, by default, will only display rows in a visual where a measure resolves to a value, not NULL/BLANK.

For example, this table:

BA_Pete_0-1643795091914.png

With this measure:

_thingyCount =
CALCULATE(
  DISTINCTCOUNT(table[ID]),
  table[thingy] = "A"
)

Will display this:

BA_Pete_1-1643795196201.png

A few options:

1) You can right-click on a dimension that is in your visual from the Values list and check 'Show items with no data', to get something like this:

BA_Pete_2-1643795448508.png

2) You can write your measure so that it resolves to zero if it would otherwise resolve to NULL/BLANK by just adding a '+ 0' at the end of it, to get something like this:

BA_Pete_3-1643795523663.png

3) You can accept that PBI is only showing you relevant entries and communicate this to report users accordingly.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks @BA_Pete for your help but this don't solve my problem. I think it is a problem in the connection or in the cube that filters the obtained data but I don't know how to find the exact point where to look at it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors