Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aamir2021
Advocate I
Advocate I

An error occurred in the ‘’ query. Expression.Error: The field 'Monthly Time Series' of the record.

Hi,

I built 6 stock portfolio analysis model in excel on 17th Sep, 2021. I exracted stock price from Alpha Vantage web site with the help of Power Query. Data was looking on 17th Sep, 2021 as per below screen shot.

Aamir2021_1-1632485008463.png

But problem is that I just have resfreshed power query and getting an error that as per below screen shot. I don't know what's wrong with it. 

Aamir2021_0-1632484926454.png

It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out from this issue. You need that file please let me know.

9 REPLIES 9
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @Aamir2021 ,

Try removing you last Changed Type step and do it again.

Hope this helps

Aamir2021
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your update. However I am still not getting your point for which I am attaching some more screen shot for your reference. 

In my power query I created a function and a table name is Table3

I exracteded the data from Monthly TIme Series from Alpha Vantage and used below web url as json

https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_MONTHLY&symbol=IBM&apikey=demo

Aamir2021_0-1632486517763.png

Function in power query 

Aamir2021_1-1632486608293.png

Table3

Aamir2021_2-1632486630615.png

It would be great if you advise me in detail. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks again

Hi @Aamir2021 ,

2021_09_27_15_00_38_Re_An_error_occurred_in_the_query._Expression...._Microsoft_Power_BI_Commu.png

Try removing this step and see if the error still occurs.

Hi  @Aamir2021 ,

The error shows that the Column "Monthly Time Series" cant be found,click the step "Invoked Custom Function" to check whether it occurs the error:

vkellymsft_0-1632732996343.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. However I have tried to follow your instruction but still geting the error.

I get error when I just refresh the query sometimes HeroMotoCo and sometimes in Dabur stock. However when I try to invoke stock through function then refesh the query then it shows the correct results.

As per below screen shots you can see that dabur.bse is showing error, however I have invoked it through function then it is showing table. Similarly you can see in another screen shot that heromotoco.bse is showing correct but heromotoco.bse is showing error as per screen shot.

I don't know what is I am missing in my query.

It would be great if you could look into again and would greatly appreciated if you could suggest on this again.

Thank you 

Aamir2021_3-1633017929227.png

Aamir2021_4-1633017952669.pngAamir2021_5-1633018005682.png

Thank you very much for your suggestion. However I have tried to follow your instruction but still geting the error.

I get error when I just refresh the query sometimes HeroMotoCo and sometimes in Dabur stock. However when I try to invoke stock through function then refesh the query then it shows the correct results.

As per below screen shots you can see that dabur.bse is showing error, however I have invoked it through function then it is showing table. Similarly you can see in another screen shot that heromotoco.bse is showing correct but heromotoco.bse is showing error as per screen shot.

I don't know what is I am missing in my query.

It would be great if you could look into again and would greatly appreciated if you could suggest on this again.

Thank you 

Aamir2021_3-1633017929227.png

Aamir2021_4-1633017952669.pngAamir2021_5-1633018005682.png

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

One of your steps (or the shown function) is referencing a column that is no longer there.  You need to find the first step showing the error and remove that reference in the formula bar.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks for your suggestion. However still it not has been fixed. Please refer my screen shots for your refernce.

Hi Aamir,

I am running into the same problem, have you found a fix yet?
I cant believe how cumbersome it is to make mircosoft products to talk to microsoft services.......

It wont tell me which query, which step or which part is has gone wrong...... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors