Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternative formula to Productx to use in measure in Excel 2013

Hey Guys,

I am currently working on a project where I need the measures of my power pivot to be able to work in both excel 2016 and 2013.

I have used the formula "Productx" and it is working in my excel 2016, but when I test it in excel 2013, it says it is not convertible.

I am therefore looking for an alternative that is useable in both excel 2013 and 2016 and hoping that one of you guys can help me with a new measure to use instead of my current one labeled "Current measure" as can be found both in the sample workbook attached through Google Drive and here in the bottom. The measure should of course yield the same results as the current one does - these can be found in the table in the workbook.

Link to sample workbook: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrVBoulzN_kmE5TfBHLpB-PmNmnbx-E0/view?usp=sharing

The current measure: "=CALCULATE(PRODUCTX(Table1, 1 + Table1[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1[Date]),Table1[Date] <= MAX(Table1[Date] )))*100"

I look forward to hearing your solutions.

Best regards,

Anton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    POWER ( 10, SUMX ( Table1, LOG10 ( 1 + Table1[Value] ) ) ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1[Date] ), Table1[Date] <= MAX ( Table1[Date] ) )
) * 100

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    POWER ( 10, SUMX ( Table1, LOG10 ( 1 + Table1[Value] ) ) ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1[Date] ), Table1[Date] <= MAX ( Table1[Date] ) )
) * 100

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors