Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lmfk8

Allow users to provide responses to report

Hi there,

I'm new..ish to Power BI and have been looking for a way to do this but couldn't find anywhere, so I thought I'd ask to the community.

I work in Audit and have been using Power BI to report on some audit findings.  In fact we have some audit tests that run continuously and the business users can review the results to address any potential exception.  A simple example would be a test for duplicated payments made by AP, where the AP staff will look at the Power BI report and click on the transactions to then further investigate.  The outcome can be, for example, a confirmed duplication which AP then seeks refund, or a false-positive.

Now, here's what I'd like to have in my report: a way for the AP staff to enter the outcome of their review, so I could add an additional visual to show the actions taken by the business and what the outcome was.  This would be useful to me as I could check whether the potential exceptions are been investigated properly.

I know of other tools (audit specific) that have this functionality, but they obviously lack in many other areas where Power BI excels, so I'm trying to see whether there's a way to implement this.  The only way I could think so far was to have the results on an Excel spreadsheet which I'd provide to the business for them to enter their review outcomes and then link Power BI, but if I could do all from within Power BI only that would be ideal.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI is a read-only application.  It doesn't allow for any updates or editting of data.

You can, however, embed PowerApps into PowerBI.  Potentially you can write an App that could facilite what you are looking for.  I haven't personally tried it, so I am unsure of the Pros and Cons of doing so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors