Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanced Calculated Column Evaluation with Variable Values, Keys, Operators, and Operands

Is it possible to write something in M Query that evaluates a score based on the distinct key in the same row as the score against a key table that shows all of the associated operators and operands and the resulting value?

This is the logical evaluation table I put together in excel. 

So if there is key value and score value in a different table, can M Query take the key and score values, lookup to get the associated parameters that match the key in the table below?

Example: 

KeyScore
A24

If I run the above score against the matching row in the table below, the result should be 1 (Green Result).

Key ScoreRed OperatorRed Operand Red Result   Key ScoreYellow Min OperatorYellow Min Operand   Key ScoreYellow Max OperatorYellow Max Operand Yellow Result    Key ScoreGreen OperatorGreen Operand Green Result  
if[Key]=A1and[Score]>=1then3else if[Key]=A1and[Score]>=0and[Key]=A1and[Score]<=0then2else ifand[Key]=A1and[Score]=0then1  
 [Key]=A2and[Score]>=8then3else if[Key]=A2and[Score]>=5and[Key]=A2and[Score]<=6then2else ifand[Key]=A2and[Score]<8then1  
 [Key]=A3and[Score]>=8then3else if[Key]=A3and[Score]>=70and[Key]=A3and[Score]<=79then2else ifand[Key]=A3and[Score]<8then1  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Is the lookup table a 1-row only table? If so

if Table1[Key]{0} = "A1" and Table1[Score]{0} >= 1 then 3 else if Table1[Key]{0} = "A1" and etc....

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Is the lookup table a 1-row only table? If so

if Table1[Key]{0} = "A1" and Table1[Score]{0} >= 1 then 3 else if Table1[Key]{0} = "A1" and etc....

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors