Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlphaBeta
Frequent Visitor

Adobe Analytics Only 7 Days of Data

Hello,

I am trying to develop a set of reports for some of our Ops folks from our Adobe Analytics account.  I have successfully connected the two platforms, however they need a substantial amount of data more than what Power Bi is showing.  I can only get the last 7 days.  Is it possible to get access to the last two years worth of data?

Is there some dynamic date range I can push the data with?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AlphaBeta,

Do you directly connect to Adobe Analytics in Power BI Service following the guide in this article? If so, there is no method to change the data range.

In this case, I would recommend you use Power BI Desktop to connect to Adobe Analytics, then develop your reports. For more details, please review this blog.

Alternatively, you can connect to Adobe Analytics PBIT in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DougM
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I got around it by editing in the Advanced Editor, as below, to create a rolling 10 day window

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "DateRange", {Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()),-10), Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()),-1)}}

Note: you will lose the ability to use the drop downs and have to revert to the Advanced editor to make changes

Hope it helps

Regards

Doug

Ji @DougM 

Thanks for the reply. But looks like DateRange is coming as text by default so the below is not working for me.

Did you convert it to date? Can you please suggest?

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "DateRange", {Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()),-7), Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()),-1)}}

Thank you.

Hi @srinivas258 

Looking at my code I have a DateGranularity line following the DateRange command

Hope you come right

Regards

Doug

AdobeCode.png

srinivas258
Helper I
Helper I

@AlphaBeta 

I am trying to create report using Adobe connector. Basically I would like to know how many page visits are there for a specific page breakdown by date. When I connect to Adobe there is Date Range (optional) under parameters section. How can I make this dynamic to get last 7days metrics whenever the user refresh the report. Can you please suggest if you have done this?

Thank you. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AlphaBeta,

Do you directly connect to Adobe Analytics in Power BI Service following the guide in this article? If so, there is no method to change the data range.

In this case, I would recommend you use Power BI Desktop to connect to Adobe Analytics, then develop your reports. For more details, please review this blog.

Alternatively, you can connect to Adobe Analytics PBIT in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

I was very excited to find your link to the Adobe Pbit files as I have been hunting for them for a while. Unfortunately, on accessing the link, I get an error saying the files are no longer available and may have been removed ... Any idea where I can find them?

Thanks and Regards

Doug

Thank you the blog post gave me exactly what I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors