Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Accessing Sharepoint List Error

Hi Team,

I am tring to access sharepoint page data from Power Bi and getting the follwoing error when I try to connect. 

The WWW-Authenticate header doesn't contain a valid authorization URI. Header value: 'Bearer realm="03b07a97-a58c-4be0-8ad3-d308163f8fa9",client_id="00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000",trusted_issuers="00000005-0000-0000-c000-000000000000@*,00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000@03b07a97-a58c-4be0-8ad3-d308163f8fa9",NTLM'.

Can someone help me please? Its quite urgent.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved this issue using windows credentials instead of Organisational account credentials.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

Did you see this thread? It is old, but same issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Can someone please advise me , How can I access the Sharepoint List as data source from Power BI.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

well, like everything else from main menu "Get New Data":

PBI.png

This generates for me the code like below:

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/myteam/", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Table" = Source{[Id="1cd9225b..."]}[Items],
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Table",{{"ID", "ID.1"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

A couple of suggestions:

1. In the import wizard can you get through to see the list of folders? Or it fails before the import wizard completes?
  2. If the wizard fails before the completion, do you think you have access to the Sharepoint site? Maybe try to create and test on a new Sharepoint site? Test if you can access it as Sharepoint folder rather than List?
  3. Are you sure you are using a correct address? It should look like https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/myteam/, not like https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/myteam/Shared Documents/...

Kind regards,

JB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. It fails before the import wizard. I feel like some access issue, I have requested to check my access to the Sharepoint site. I will update how I go.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved this issue using windows credentials instead of Organisational account credentials.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors