Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mlnelson01

Access Sharepoint InfoPath XML form library content using SharePoint Folder

I have a Sharepoint forms library containing several hundred InfoPath forms (XML files).  They all share the same schema.

I downloaded about 50 files to a local folder, and successfully connected to them using the new Folder and Combine Binaries capability. It's very nice!  Then I tried so access the XML files in the library using SharePoint folder connector, followed by a filter to limit to just the library I wanted. This much worked fine, but when I clicked on Combine Binaries I got an error:

"We encountered an error while trying to connect:

Details: "Query 'Sample Binary Parameter1 (2)' (step 'Source') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination."

At this point, my only workable option is to cancel, and the Sample Binary query doesn't appear.  Any idea how to address this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mlnelson01,

As the error message stated, please go to the query "'Sample Binary Parameter1 (2)", check all applied steps, if they are referencing other queries.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors