Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkrof
Frequent Visitor

Access Files from WebDAV (folder)

Hi everyone

I am trying to connect to a WebDAV source (folder containing tons of Excel files). Thus far I can connect to the source in two ways: 

1. Folder: I can see the contents but cannot access it.
  2. Files: Can access file contents.

But there are too many and names will chance, hence it is not really feasible for me to connect them individually.

Can any of you kind people in this forum point me in the right direction? I am confident that there must be a way to connect to the folder as well as its content somehow (kind of like the solution described here for files in a Sharepoint folder). I really just cannot think of any new ways to try.

Also, if there is a way that would work in PBI only then that would be ok as well. It would not be the prefered solution which is why I am posting my question here. 

Thank you very much in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
dkrof
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ibendlin.

Great idea but unfortunately not - they are in our archive system and once there can no longer be moved.

sounds like a great excuse to start building your own custom connector. 

Start developing custom connectors for Power Query - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

:-oooooooooooooooo

I can try but oh my... I'm not suer I will be able to make it work. Will keep you posted though.

(also, if anybody has an easier solution - I'm still all ears)

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is there any chance you could move your source files to a more modern file server like OneDrive/Sharepoint?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors