Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AvcRomeo
Frequent Visitor

Access Active Directory Object Properties

I am tyring to get to AD object propertiese and am wondering if there is "Table Map" of some sort that I can reference to find where \ how I can get to certain propertiese ?

I.e. I figured out I needed to Expand the user column to get to home Drive, mail and principal name information

I am not currently finding the right table\columns with information that identifies "contact" vs. "user" objects ?

Or identifies disabled vs. enabled objects ?

I have been going through the "Computer" "User" & "Contact" tables and so far have not seen this information.

I can get this information easily through PowerShell but getting into the PowerBI Desktop tool is my current need.

I am new to PowerBI so please excuse what might be a very simple question.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AvcRomeo
Frequent Visitor

I think I am on the right track in trying to look for Attributes in the AD Schema.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms675090(v=vs.85).aspx

I.e. ms-DS-User-Account-Disabled attribute

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677836(v=vs.85).aspx 

But I am so far unable to find this under the "User" or "Contact" table 😞

Any help would be appriciated.

Hi @AvcRomeo,

As we know, the Power BI Desktop is used for retrieving data from the Active Directory data source. The tables available in desktop is generated automatically when we connect to Active Directory, which are determined by the Active Directory settings. I would suggest you contact the system administrator to check which table stores required information. And try to use system administrator account to retrieve Active Directory data.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for responding.

Do you have any suggestion for what tables sources to look for ?

I am using an admin account to retreive data.

The following is an example of the data I am seeing.

UserTable.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors