Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

clubspec
Helper III
Helper III

API query return a range of selection

Hi Experts,

I have an API key like below that is working, no problem.  However, how do I modify my query to return more than one objectno?  For example objectno range that is 001 to 020?

Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://csv.business.tomtom.com/extern?account=AAAc&username=XXX&password=PPP&apikey=818c28e9-09ec-4...objectno=001&outputformat=json"))

Thanks,

Raymond

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clubspec ,

You can try to create a custom function like this and use it in the number table column:

(Page as text) =>
let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://csv.business.tomtom.com/extern?account=AAAc&username=XXX&password=PPP&apikey=818c28e9-09ec-4...objectno="&Page&"&outputformat=json"))
in
    Source
let
    Source = List.Numbers(1,20,1),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", type text}}),
    Custom1 = Table.TransformColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Column1", each Text.PadStart(_, 3, "0"), type text}),
    #"Invoked Custom Function" = Table.AddColumn(Custom1, "function2", each function2([Column1]))
in
    #"Invoked Custom Function"

since it needs API key, currently it returns errorsince it needs API key, currently it returns error

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clubspec ,

You can try to create a custom function like this and use it in the number table column:

(Page as text) =>
let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://csv.business.tomtom.com/extern?account=AAAc&username=XXX&password=PPP&apikey=818c28e9-09ec-4...objectno="&Page&"&outputformat=json"))
in
    Source
let
    Source = List.Numbers(1,20,1),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", type text}}),
    Custom1 = Table.TransformColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Column1", each Text.PadStart(_, 3, "0"), type text}),
    #"Invoked Custom Function" = Table.AddColumn(Custom1, "function2", each function2([Column1]))
in
    #"Invoked Custom Function"

since it needs API key, currently it returns errorsince it needs API key, currently it returns error

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Here's one way to do it in the query editor.  To see how it works, just create a blank query, open the Advanced Editor and replace the text there with the M code below.

let
    Source = List.Numbers(1,19,1),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(Custom1, "Custom", each Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://csv.business.tomtom.com/extern?account=AAAc&username=XXX&password=PPP&apikey=818c28e9-09ec-4...objectno=" & [Column1]&"outputformat=json")))
in
    #"Added Custom"

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks Pat but it returns error:

"DataFormat.Error: We found extra characters at the end of JSON input.
Details:
Value=,
Position=4"

If I query one objectno at a time, it will return a list, from there I convert the list to a table.

Thanks in advance

Try taking out the Json.Document wrapper and just do Web.Contents to see what you get, and confirm/see the structure of the JSON.  Share screen shots of what you get back (if you can), if the issue is not obvious to you.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors