Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thomaskelly
Helper I
Helper I

AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE PROCESSING THE DATA IN THE DATASET

Hello,

I have a dashboard /worksheet that refreshes fine when using the desktop. Once I publish and schedule a refresh I get the following error

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Resource name and Location need to match. Resource name: Live Sales Header . Location: Live Sales Header.

I have checked the gateway connection which is good as are the data source credentials . If there is an issue with the resource name and location then surely it should not refresh in the desktop either ??????

Any suggestion would be most welcome...

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @thomaskelly,

Based on your description, you get the above error when refreshing your dataset in Power BI Service, right? If so, what is your data source and what changes did you make to your data source?

Could you please delete the dataset in Power BI Service, then connect to your PBIX file in Power BI Service using Get Data -> Files entry and check if you get the above error when refreshing dataset.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi ,

I am using a SQL database and one excel file. I have managed to create a data gateway connection which is online and running . However now my refresh is failing but not giving a reason as to why !!!!

Very frustrating....

Hi @thomaskelly,

Form another thread, you are gets another issue when refreshing your data, I will give a reply in that thread.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors