Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simrantuli
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

AI insights & Premium Workspace

Hi All,

I have a query regarding AI insights (Text Analytics) which I thought I could get help with on this forum. Please excuse me if the query is silly.

I have a workspace of premium capacity and I want to use Text Analytics in one of my dashboards and publish it to the workspace. Is there anything else that I need to use Text Analytics in Power query or a workspace with Premium capacity is all that's required? Basically I am asking this because my colleagues have been manually doing the text analytics till now even though we have premium workspace since long. I was just wondering why they haven't made use of Text Analytics till now.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your tenant admin needs to enable the AI Insights workload for your Premium SKU(s). Depending on your SKU that may be a very expensive thing to do in terms of memory - the AI workload memory would be taken away from the general pool.

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @simrantuli ,

Based my research, AI insights are supported for Premium capacity nodes EM2, A2, or P1 and above. No additional cost for it unless you are processing tens of millions of records using the Azure Cognitive Services APIs.

If there is something wrong, please let me know.

Reference:

Enabling Text Analytics and Vision on Premium capacities:

Cognitive Services are supported for Premium capacity nodes EM2, A2, or P1 and above. A separate AI workload on the capacity is used to run Cognitive Services. During public preview of these features (prior to June 2019), this workload was disabled by default. Before using Cognitive Services in Power BI, the AI workload must be enabled in the capacity settings of the admin portal. You can turn on the AI workload in the workloads section and define the maximum amount of memory you would like this workload to consume. The recommended memory limit is 20%. Exceeding this limit causes the query to slow down.

ENRICH POWER BI WITH AI INSIGHTS FROM COGNITIVE SERVICES:

There is also no need to purchase additional keys as you would with Cognitive Services APIs in Azure. Everything is built into the cost of Power BI Premium. Unless you are processing tens of millions of records using the Azure Cognitive Services APIs, its inclusion in Power BI would not by itself justify the cost of a Premium node.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @simrantuli ,

Based my research, AI insights are supported for Premium capacity nodes EM2, A2, or P1 and above. No additional cost for it unless you are processing tens of millions of records using the Azure Cognitive Services APIs.

If there is something wrong, please let me know.

Reference:

Enabling Text Analytics and Vision on Premium capacities:

Cognitive Services are supported for Premium capacity nodes EM2, A2, or P1 and above. A separate AI workload on the capacity is used to run Cognitive Services. During public preview of these features (prior to June 2019), this workload was disabled by default. Before using Cognitive Services in Power BI, the AI workload must be enabled in the capacity settings of the admin portal. You can turn on the AI workload in the workloads section and define the maximum amount of memory you would like this workload to consume. The recommended memory limit is 20%. Exceeding this limit causes the query to slow down.

ENRICH POWER BI WITH AI INSIGHTS FROM COGNITIVE SERVICES:

There is also no need to purchase additional keys as you would with Cognitive Services APIs in Azure. Everything is built into the cost of Power BI Premium. Unless you are processing tens of millions of records using the Azure Cognitive Services APIs, its inclusion in Power BI would not by itself justify the cost of a Premium node.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your tenant admin needs to enable the AI Insights workload for your Premium SKU(s). Depending on your SKU that may be a very expensive thing to do in terms of memory - the AI workload memory would be taken away from the general pool.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors