Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

AI Power Query...

Hi All,

I am using Power BI Desktop & Python AI library I  wrote to do a quality analysis of the Database Design. I am wondering if AI Power Query can do simple things like split apart column names intellegently.

Also, it would be good to be able get meta data about the database for say a Data Calalog and compare words or phrases to a data dictionary. Just some things I am doing that would be great to have built into Power BI Desktop.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi adanecito, 

I am not clear about your requirement, did you mean that you want to split column name, right? If so, you need to set "Headers  as first Row", then  use split function to achieve this goal, then  you need click "use first row  as header".

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoe,

When doing quality checks of a Database design usually there is a naming conventions standard. When checking hundreds of tables you can save plenty of time using AI especially where it can break apart compound column names. I did that by using a Python AI library. But since Power BI Service does not allow for use of Python or R it made it impossible to use those languages for quality check reporting in the cloud.

That I hopes answers what I was doing there. The other question has to do with using AI to help build meta data and context association for databases.

Best Regards,

-Tony

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors