Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

AI Insights Vision feature not working

Hi, 
In Power Query Editor, I am trying to use the "Vision" cognitive services feature from AI Insights tab to get tags from images. However, I am getting this error after applying the step "Applied Tag Images" and is reported in the "Tag images.Json" column.
{
"error": "Failed to download image with the url {URL of the Image} . Reason: Forbidden."
}

The images are hosted internally so cannot share the URL here. The image URL however works if I open them in Edge browser.

Has anyone faced similar issue? I am wondering whether the AI engine which does the image processing doesn't have access. But not sure how to find that out. There is premium capacity available to perform this task. The other cognitive services functions such as Text analytics are working fine. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-stephen-msft > Yes the column is formatted to be image URL. If I copy one of the URLs from that table in query editor and paste in Edge browser, I am able to view the image. These image URLs also work fine inside the report view of Power BI Desktop if I use it in a visual. Will keep looking for more info. 

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This function requires an image URL or a base-64 field as input. At this time, image tagging supports English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, and Simplified Chinese. For more information, see supported languages.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors