Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

AD as datasource - event log data

Hi guys,

Is there a way one to get the AD events  using the AD connector in Power BI?

Thanks

Tsanka

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tsanka,

The Active Directory connector returns information about Users, Accounts, and Computers. How do you configure AD event log? Is there any possibility that you export the log into a file? You can connect to the file in Power BI Desktop to analyze the log.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for the response. 

Using PowerShell one can extract log information from the Active Directory. I was very much hoping this to be available through the AD connector and spent quite a lot of time in opening and looking at the exposed AD entities. I was hoping I was missing something and the log information was there (expected to see it limited for a period). 

Obviously it is not available and now I have to write powershell scripts, have to make SSIS packages to store the extracted CSV files somewhere, etc. Well, could be different, but life is not perfect.

Thanka again

Tsanka

@Tsanka,

Yes. The built-in AD connector doesn't contain the log information. You would need to connect to the extracted log file in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors