Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

richwright
Frequent Visitor

403 error in both Personal and Enterprise Gateways

The Personal gateway was working fine (though with constant GA Oauth refresh errors) but it all of a sudden stopped working after installing an update.

I get 403 Forbidden when it attempts to load the Sign In authorisation.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, same error.

I have uninstalled and installed the Enterprise Gateway - same error (though slightly more verbose).  Here is the error I am getting:

One or more errors occurred.
Request error: Id: '74d5132b-8f87-4d6a-ad54-0d91d90d605c', Status code: 'Unauthorized', Timestamp: '03/31/2016 04:44:01 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.EnterpriseGatewayConfigurator.ConfiguratorClientExtensions.<GetClusterUri>d__0.MoveNext()

In Personal gateway I get a 403 error; Enterprise 401 error.  Note that I have Power BI Desktop on the same machine and it connects and publishes to Power BI fine.

Has anyone else had these issues (there are a couple of posts in the forums related to 403 issues but not really any resolution). 

I am a BI Pro user (if I could work out how to submit a support ticket to the Power BI team I would).

3 REPLIES 3
sanjay_akut
Regular Visitor

Were you able to find a solution for this issue?  We are having the same issue for one of our users.  The gateways work fine for me, but a colleague of mine receives the 403 error anytime she tries to use either gateway when trying to sign in.

Hi Sanjay . No I haven't found a solution unfortunately.

I ended up installing the Personal Gateway on one of our servers on the same internal network and it works great (and whats more no more GA Oauth/scheduler issues).

I actually have to assume that it is due to installing Enterprise and Personal gateways on the same machine (I may have tried this to get rid of the GA Oauth error prior to getting the 401/403 errors) - it must leave some services or files that interfere with the other Gateway, even after uninstall.  I did look through the gateway logs but they were not helpful in diagnosing the issue. 

My next plan would be to try to completely remove every trace of each gateway maybe using an uninstaller or find the folders in app data and delete them ... I havn't tried this as yet. 

richwright
Frequent Visitor

In addition the 401 error is a PUT to https://api.powerbi.com/spglobalservice/GetOrInsertClusterUrisByTenantLocation Process - enterprisegatewayconfigurator:7896 (from Fiddler)

It subsequently has a couple of 200 requests to Host: wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net but still ultimately throws an error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors