Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

problem in that option set values are retrieved as their number values, not their actual text label

When using Power BI to connect to Dynamics CRM. there is a problem in that option set values are retrieved as their number values, not their actual text label value with all the company segment is contained. Any help here will be appreciated.

Thanks

LyonneD

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using the Dynamics CRM connector, try using the Dataverse connector instead. In most cases I've seen, it returns both the id and the value for these types of choices, but it would depend on which table you are trying to read.

If that doesn't work, I've created tables with the numbers and their text value and added them as table queries in Power BI before. You then join the two tables and expand them in the query.

If you want an example of how this works, the Microsoft sample CRM report uses this method: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2121605. Open that PBIX, connect it up, and then go into Transform data to see what I mean.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Keith. this definitely helped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors