Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

luoana_becher
Employee
Employee

What PowerBI licenses are needed for users to view reports in Business Central?

Hello,

In the context of Business Central(dynamics365), I understand that includes PowerBI Free licenses.

When creating a tile with a report in Dynamics365 Business Central, there are 3000 store users who should be able to consume that content(report), do they need Premium/Pro licenses to view or can they use PowerBI Free licenses? I am looking at the documentation and it`s not clear whether or not a Pro or Premium license is needed.

Also, what`s the advantage of getting PowerBI free licenses with Business Central, if a Pro license is necessary to get PowerBI & Business Central to work or to be able to create content?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you need the licence for the users that create contents, but for the people that are consuming it I have understood isnt necesary a additional licence other them the busness central one (for viewing). 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi! But how does it work? I have a pro account, I've integrated power bi and dynamics data, I have posted my dashboards into field service as power bi dashboards. But none see them, it says my coworkers (with dynamics licenses) have to upgrade to power bi pro...

if that the case I would recomend opening a Power BI support ticket, as it should work fine without upgrading for viewin report: reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/admin-powerbi-setup#:~:text=With%20Bus...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors