cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstiegler
Frequent Visitor

New field created in D365 not showing in Power BI Desktop via Power Query (Dataverse connector)

This has happened on multiple fields on different entities now, where I create a new field and the Power BI Dataverse connector doesn't pull it in during Power Query.

I create a new field on an entity (D365 Settings - Customizations - Customize the System - navigate to the User entity - open Fields view - go through new field creation dialog - save changes - publish changes) but when I open Power Query Power BI Desktop, the new field doesn't show up when I use the Dataverse connector. If I use the older OData feed connector, I can find the field, but I would prefer using the Dataverse connector since it is SO much faster and easier to use. 

Below is a screenshot of the created field on the User entity - is there some additional change or toggle or refresh required for the Dataverse connector to see this new field?

kstiegler_0-1623094075041.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Kudoed Authors