cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcerveira
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Filtering PowerBI report in Dynamics365 Form

Hi everyone! 🙂

I'm following a structure similar to the one below to get my report automatically filtered based on user's selection in Dynamics365 form (let's say based on user's country I would like to have the report auto filtered when he/she opens the form).

However, the filtereing is not working. I'm trying with an alias (PBi->Dynamics name) but it doesn't work. Also tried with hardcoded values , but doesn't work.

Any ideas on this topic?

<section id="{d411658c-7450-e1e3-bc80-07021a04bcc2}" locklevel="0" showlabel="true" IsUserDefined="0" name="tab_4_section_1" labelwidth="115" columns="1" layout="varwidth" showbar="false">
  <labels>
	<label description="Filtered Power BI embedding demo" languagecode="1033" />
  </labels>
  <rows>
	<row>
	  <cell id="{7d18b61c-c588-136c-aee7-03e5e74a09a1}" showlabel="true" rowspan="20" colspan="1" auto="false">
		<labels>
		  <label description="Accounts (Parent Account)" languagecode="1033" />
		</labels>
		<control id="filteredreport" classid="{8C54228C-1B25-4909-A12A-F2B968BB0D62}">
		  <parameters>
			<PowerBIGroupId>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</PowerBIGroupId>
			<PowerBIReportId>aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee</PowerBIReportId>
			<TileUrl>https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee</TileUrl>
			<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Accounts\",\"column\":\"accountid\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountid"}}</PowerBIFilter>
		  </parameters>
		</control>
	  </cell>
	</row>
	<row />
  </rows>
</section>

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.