Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

whereismydata
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

What tool to use to enrich/map data

here is my case:
Given there are two tables [tableA] and [tableB]. [tableA] is automatically filled with data from an external system. [TableB] contains let’s say only two columns,

- [columnA] = PK from [TableA] and
- an empty column [columnB]

What I'm looking for is a way to provide an interface to an end user to insert values into [tableB] for each value of [columnA].

So, normally this would be done through a dedicated application, but since money is tight, I'm looking for a solution in the Microsoft 365 landscape.

Requirements:
- Active Directory integration for access control
- Direct DB access for end use is not allowed

Solutions I came up with:
- First, I thought about 'classic' Excel files. Creating an SSIS package that loads the data from [tableB] to an Excel file and puts the file on a fileshare. But honestly, I don't like data manipulation in Excel since things can get messy if the end user messes around with datatype or deletes rows etc.

- Another solution would be writeback to SSAS, but since we have only tabular enabled, and I want the data to be in [tableB], this is also not an option.

- Also, I thought about using PowerAutomate (aka Flow) and Sharepoint. My solution would include a flow that loads the data from [tableB] and puts it into a sharepoint list. Once an edit was made, an update or insert would be made through another flow.

- PowerAutomate/PowerApps. I know this is maybe the most elegant solution, but it is still not quite clear if we are allowed to use PowerApps in our enterprise.

- Will Master Data Services do the job?

What tools do you use or which solution do you have in place?

Thank you for your help!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors