Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to see menu options when editing a power automate visual in power bi desktop

Hello

I am trying to refresh a dataset in power bi using power automate. Previously, it was working fine but now I think after updating power bi desktop to the latest version, I am not able to find any menu options for editing this button.

All I see is the below screen

nitin_bhatnagar_1-1637925960726.png

Is it a problem with latest update to PBI desktop or issue with Power Automate visual itself? Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amarcucio
Frequent Visitor

There seems to be a problem currently with both Power Automate and Power Apps connecting to Power BI Desktop.  As a work around, both seem to be working when editing a report with Power BI Online.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amarcucio
Frequent Visitor

There seems to be a problem currently with both Power Automate and Power Apps connecting to Power BI Desktop.  As a work around, both seem to be working when editing a report with Power BI Online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I can run the action in a native flow but not in PBI Desktop. What could be the issue here? I cleaned up browser temporary files and cache etc but still the same. Also, I am logged into Azure in PBI Desktop, so that is also not the case here. Seems like some PBI update issue or something else. Please let me know if you see any hint on that.

Thanks.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Which way are you attempting to initiate the refresh? Via the Power Automate action, or via the integrated refresh option?

Maybe you are not logged in to Azure?  Are you able to run the action in a native flow?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to integrate Power Automate visual in PBI Desktop report and then trigger the button from the browser to schedule on-demand refresh.

"from the browser" is not clear. Do you mean the flow action?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Infact, I already had it running this way but then after a recent PBI Desktop update, adding a new trigger button on a separate report, I get this unusal thing. There is no action menu shown when I edit the power automate visual. Instead, it should show a menu for creating a new instant cloud flow and likewise, but not anymore. Is it due to this new PBI update or visual itself?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors