Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DarwinG
Regular Visitor

Refresh data in Excel file on SharePoint site

Hi!  I created an Excel file that reads data from a SQL Server database, then placed the Excel file in a SharePoint site's Documents.  I created a Power Automate Flow to grab the file and e-mail it to people (Recurrence... Get file content... Update file... Initialize variable... Send an email notification).  The data in the Excel file is from a week ago, when I originally added it to the SharePoint site.  Once the user gets the file, it runs a query to refresh the data and show current information.  But is there a way to refresh the data before e-mailing it?  I'd like the users to see current data when they open the file and not wait for 10 or 15 seconds to see it.  What am I doing wrong?  I would think the "Update file" step would... well... update the data, but it doesn't seem to.  For my query properties, I have "Enable background refresh" and "Refresh data when opening the file" checked.  Or is there just not a way to refresh the file while it just sits on the SharePoint site?  Does it only refresh the data when someone opens the file?  Thanks for any assistance!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors