cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarwinG
Regular Visitor

Refresh data in Excel file on SharePoint site

Hi!  I created an Excel file that reads data from a SQL Server database, then placed the Excel file in a SharePoint site's Documents.  I created a Power Automate Flow to grab the file and e-mail it to people (Recurrence... Get file content... Update file... Initialize variable... Send an email notification).  The data in the Excel file is from a week ago, when I originally added it to the SharePoint site.  Once the user gets the file, it runs a query to refresh the data and show current information.  But is there a way to refresh the data before e-mailing it?  I'd like the users to see current data when they open the file and not wait for 10 or 15 seconds to see it.  What am I doing wrong?  I would think the "Update file" step would... well... update the data, but it doesn't seem to.  For my query properties, I have "Enable background refresh" and "Refresh data when opening the file" checked.  Or is there just not a way to refresh the file while it just sits on the SharePoint site?  Does it only refresh the data when someone opens the file?  Thanks for any assistance!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors