Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh a Dynamic Table on Excel with Power Automate

Hello,

I have an Excel on Sharepoint that has a dynamic table that comes from a Power BI Dataset.

There's some way to update the whole dynamic table with the last data that is stored on the Power BI Dataset? 

Just in case some of you can help me in another way, I'm going to explain you my situation a little bit better:

- I have a datasource that updates future data every day and I want to make a "Snapshot" of the future of my datasource so, I can check the variations of this future within days.

As I want to get that I do the following steps:
- I make a copy of a dynamic table conected to Power BI Dataset and I change the name of the copy to include the Date of the Snapshot.

- I open the Excel and I click on "Refresh Data". So I have the last version of my future data. 
- Then, Power BI read all the excel files on that folder and puts them together.

Thank you for your support! 

1 REPLY 1
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If this would work depends heavily on how your Excel documents are formatted. In order for Power Automate to detect and read Excel documents they will have to have tables built in for Power Automate to be able to read. In addition Power BI will need to pass all of the information over to Power Automate which also depends a lot on how its read. This will require some experimentation and testing and if you are having issues you also can always open a case with Microsoft Support too. I'll include a link below; if you would like to go down that path.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors