Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PowerBI tiles in powerapps and powerapps visual in powerbi

Hello Everyone.

I have a question on whats possible with the integration of powerBi and power apps. I wont go into too much detail initially but can provide if necessary.

What I'm really after is to use powerApps as the front end of a database and control everything from within there. 

PowerBI has a visual which I really like the functionality of - the visio visual. I can set this up in powerbi and filter various tables based on the shape I select. I can also then bring that report into powerapps as a powerbi tile and the functionality is still there. And I also know I can set up some filters in powerapps which can filter stuff in the powerbi tile.

The one thing I cant seem to do is to get it to work the other way round - so if I select something from within in the tile (either from the visio visual or from any table) - can I get powerapps (outside of the powerbi tile)  to recognise what has been selected? I would only need to pass a  single ID cross outside of the tile and then I can use that to identify what I need from my datasource connections within powerapps.

I have tried setting up a powerapps visual in powerBI to see if this could do it. The powerapps visual controls as expected from within Powerbi, but when using the tile within powerapps, the selections still are not recognised from outside of the tile.

Any ideas on how to do this? Or is it simply not possible??

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors