Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

archerjayden
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Integrated Multiple Tables PowerApps

Hi ,

I am working on PowerBI Integrated PowerApp with On Premise SQL server being the destination/underlying server.

I have two sections/two visuals where I need to enable CRUD operation directly from PowerBI Dashboard. Lets Say two sections are 1)Takeaways- SQL table

2)Actions - SQL Table

I have been able to design Takeaways quite okay with Insert/Read&Update Operations however when I am trying to drag and drop fields from Actions table into PowerApps Visual from PowerBI dashboard it just doesn't allow me. It throws this error below however both tables have primary key(id) and I can join them in SSMS and view data even though result set is a Cartesian Product

Can't determine relationships between the fields
Can't display the data because Power BI can't determine the relationship between two or more fields.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 77df593f-7710-4435-913f-44242122b693
Request ID: 61500fb3-6f84-9925-fde8-4b4e7fdddfaf
Correlation ID: 216b924f-146b-3e83-f677-97a560f6a307

I want to create one app which will display data for both tables for read & update operations.

I am able to include Insert(Edit Form) for Actions table connecting to SQL table which is straight forward however I want to bring data from PowerBIIntegration.Data for both Comments & Actions so that I can provide individual screens for display and edit forms ... You may refer to attached screenshot for what I am trying to achieve

Please guide me and let me know of a hack from your expertise

thanks in Advance

PowerApp.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @archerjayden ,

can you share more information & screenshots about your Power BI data model and the error message?

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi,

This works by applying correct relationships however by design of the table structure and architecture of our DB, we get duplicates in either of the apps... So I have done two apps for each and used them in PowerBI report. It works but not elegant 

Thanks

ANS

EStieg
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your question!  I've asked a few members of the community to review your post and respond if they have suggestions for you.

Thank you and have a great day!

Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any replies on this one? Is it possible to connect a Power App to multipe Power BI data sources/flows?

I'm getting the same error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors