Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PowerApps to PowerBI or Word to PDF (No Premium Connectors)

Hi All,

I have been looking around and can't find anything that would provide what I need. Looking for help or links if you are aware of somewhere this has been answered or done previously.

I have a PowerApp (connected to multiple SharePoint lists), it is a work/Approval flow for the creation of Security Assessments. The aim is that the user can create the report in the PowerApp using a combination of Galleries and Forms (see img1). Once all the information is in the app I would like for them to be able to "Publish" the report, I am looking at any way to do this but the end goal would be a PDF document. Between the data getting from the App to PDF,  I don't mind using Word or PowerBI etc. (Assuming this would be via PowerAutomate).

I would need the ability to dictate the information pulled through it would need to only be applicable to the current Selected Item, I am using ProjectID as the unique identifier. 

The report consists of a Form on the top half from the SharePoint list (Project Tracker) and embedded galleries on the bottom half from the SharePoint List (Controls), they are linked via the ProjectID.  

I want to be able to design a template that would provide all the information on the screen in a nice layout, the number of items in the galleries will vary from report to report. 

I want the final product in PDF so no one can make any changes to it, this PDF then can either be emailed or placed in a folder not fussy here. 

Img1:

LaurenG20_0-1648143124624.png

The top section is a view-only form, this data is populated earlier in the workflow. 

The bottom half is the galleries, as you can see there are multiple headers and each of those headers can have multiple records added underneath. 

Img2: (EXpanded view of galleries)

LaurenG20_1-1648143308213.png

Img3: Example of report account

LaurenG20_2-1648144060288.png

Does anyone know if this is possible, can lead me in the right direction. I can't use premium connectors due to licensing at my work. 

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors