Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI premium per user

Hi Team,

We have a Power BI PPU trail account. We have built a report and published it to the PPU dedicated workspace; also created a flow in Power Automate to automate the export of the report in a PDF format. While doing so we are facing the following error:

{"error":{"code":"FeatureNotAvailableError","pbi.error":{"code":"FeatureNotAvailableError","parameters":{},"details":[]}}}

PowerBI_PPU_PowerAutomate_Error.png

Can you please guide us further on this.

Thanks in advance,

Soumya Vinod.

@Anonymous @Nasruddinkhan90 

14 REPLIES 14
schoolbi_novice

Hi @Sanket7030 

Did you ever get a solution to this? I'm having the same problem and the only alternative I can find is to create paginated reports.

Thanks

Hello schoolbi_novice

For me it is clear now, the only solution is to use paginated reports. You'll need a PPU licence for that.

Best Regards, 

Jérôme

SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Syndicate_Admin @Maurits @AhmedKhodir .

Did any solution work for you guys?

If yes, then please share the same.

Regards,

Sanket Bhagwat

Hi  @Sanket7030 

There s no workaround 😞 at a time..

Nevertheless here is how I proceed :

Evertime I have a report to develop for and end user, I ask him some question in order to determine if the report will be a "PowerBi Report" (no automatic export,) or a "Paginated Report"  (automatic export possible).

This way it works quiet well, even I have to admin that sometimes, some reports are redondant between the two platforms. But, and because I only work with SQL queries to get the data it is quiet fast to get them in both reports format. :-))

I m not saying that it is the best way to proceed, but it is mine .. :-))

Regards, 

Jérôme

Last week I followed the same steps and my flow worked.

But today, the same flow is not working.

Seems like there is some issue with Power Automate service.

Regards,

Sanket Bhagwat

Hi @Sanket7030 

It depends on what you're talking about.

I have 5 paginated reports automatcally exported to PDF and sent by email using Power Automate, everyday at 5 PM and I don t have any issue.

Regards, 

Jérôme

Right.

It works perfectly for paginated report but for a Power BI report, I am getting that error.

Regards,

Sanket Bhagwat

Hi,

I have not tested again a to export a PowerBi report using Power Automate with only a PPU licence.

For me it has never worked because of the licencing problem, that's why I have switched to paginated reports when needed.

I'll try later again, but I m not aware that the PPU licence allows exportation of Power Bi reports with Power Automate.

Regards, 

Jérôme

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

hello, can someone give a clear answer to this problem, that it is the power bi license level sufficient to export the report to a file with power automate?

Hello @baghdad 

The answer is clearly No.

You cannot export a PowerBi report, with PPU Licence using Power Automate.

The only reports you can export with Power Automate are Paginated Reports.

Regards, 

Jérôme

I think it is not, by design.

Please check this MS documentation with the list of limitations, including:

BIntelligence_0-1629390005828.png

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Syndicate_Admin  I have the same exact issue, and if the PPU is not doing such a simple task, that won't force me by anyway to even try PPC, I am in the PPU trial, but surely will not upgrade 😞

Jerome_M
Regular Visitor

Hi

I get the same eror as you and I tnink it is simply because the PowerBi features are not available with a PPU Licence, but only with a Per Capacity Premium Licence (the full and expensive one .. :-))

From my point of view, and because of this lack, the PPU licence is in fact not interesting, unless you want to use paginated reports.

Regards, 

Jérôme

BIntelligence
Frequent Visitor

Hm, exact same over here. Did you find a solution for it, @Syndicate_Admin ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors