Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aagrawal124
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dashboard needs to be embedded in Portal App, RLS.

Hello all,

I have a requirement where a Power BI report needs to be embedded in a Portal App. So the scenario is that the Power BI report will be different for different lgged in users, i.e. the report should show only the data for the person who in logged in.

The approach that I was thinking was - Once the user gets in the Portal app, the App will capture the user information and pass it to Power BI(is that possible , this is my question, and how?), and in Power BI the visuals will be filtered for that user name..probably ny email ID.. Can anyone help me over here? As of now, the data source is not set up and we are at the stage of developing standalone Power BI report through excel data source(currently not embedded in any portal app), but my thinking is that eventually the source data will be in Dataverse.

It would be great if someone has done this type of scenario and can help here. I am somewhat used to develop reports and dashboard in Power BI as stand alone, but do not have much experience in Power Apps. so any help would be useful. Would there be any restriction in keeping the data in dataverse. Would it be possible for more that one user to log into the app at a time, and be able to see their own data? What can be best way to capture logged in user detail from App, to be able to filter the power bI report according to that?

Regards,

Ayushi

1 REPLY 1
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Syndicate_Admin,

Power Pages has Power BI integration.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/admin/set-up-power-bi-integration

I think in your situation the Power BI Embedded service and Row-level security might be options to explore:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/admin/set-up-power-bi-integration#enable-p...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors