Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Apps using Power BI dataset as data source

I recently built Power Apps using Power BI dataset as data source.

There is PowerApps visuals in Power BI, where you can drag the data from power BI dataset to show in the app.

Once it's connected you can set Item = PowerBIIntegration.Data and able to see the information.

I can see the information while editing the app, but once I publish the app, I can't see any information on screen.

I have to open Power BI report in order to play the app.

My question is, Is that how it work?

If I use data from Power BI dataset, I have to use the app by opening Power BI report?, not by opening in PowerApps?

Thank you very much in advance for all replies.

Dtip

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the tip! I'll take a look

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Dtip, did you ever find an answer for this question?  I'm trying to do something similar with a dataset created by calling a Web API in Power Query and it updates fine in Power BI, but now I would like to use that dataset as a direct data source in my power app. Any help or links would be extremely helpful.  Thanks! Mike 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

According to my question above. As far as I know we have to open the app via power bi in order to see the data.

once you get your data as Power bi dataset, you can connect to your app via Power Apps visual.

you can watch this video at minute 9 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUfX9HNdK0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors