Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jithinjj

Licensing for Power bi template app

Hi Everyone,

One of my client is looking to integrate licensing , monthly and yearly subscription for a PowerBI template app.He doesnt want the app to be published in the app marketplace.Is this possible without marktplace ?

It works like this .

1) Customer comes and order a financial dashboard template app linked to "Exact Online".

2) After the successful order process , he/she downloads PBIT file which is opened  in Power BI Desktop.

3) Access the entire dashboard , customize it.

Please anyone could help me .I'm just a novice.

Thanks

Jithin

1 REPLY 1
jithinjj

Hi Again,

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/template-apps-auto-install

Basic flow

The basic flow of automating the configuration of a template app installation is as follows:

The user signs in to the ISV's portal and selects the supplied link. This action initiates the automated flow. The ISV's portal prepares the user-specific configuration at this stage.

The ISV acquires an app-only token based on a service principal (app-only token) that's registered in the ISV's tenant.

Using Power BI REST APIs, the ISV creates an install ticket, which contains the user-specific parameter configuration as prepared by the ISV.

The ISV redirects the user to Power BI by using a POST redirection method that contains the install ticket.

The user is redirected to their Power BI account with the install ticket and is prompted to install the template app. When the user selects Install, the template app is installed for them

This is a documentation from the above link.Is this is the way to solve my customer problem.

Please help.

Thanks

Jithin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors