Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ouafaa
Helper II
Helper II

Integrating RLS Power BI with Dataverse Teams on a report embeded in power apps page

Hello,

I have a power apps application that embeds a Power BI report on one of its pages.
on the other hand, I have proprietary type teams defined on Dataverse.
I would like to manage RLS on power bi reports according to user membership in Dataverse teams.

For example I have a team A, B and C on dataverse. I want to display on the embedded report on the powerapps page the data according to the membership of the user logged in to one of the teams.

is it possible ? how to proceed ? thank you

3 REPLIES 3
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I haven't tested it so you'll have to see for yourself, but the ability to associate Dataverse BUs with AAD security groups (which is what Power BI RLS is based upon) looks promising for this use case:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/wp-security-cds#associate-a-business-unit-with...

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Hi @otravers thank you for the response. I have implemented this security model in Dataverse, and it is working as expected in Power Apps but not in Power BI.

MrsRDj14
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ouafaa,

Did you manage to implement this or receive advice? I am trying to develop similar solution using Dataverse (not Teams version), of using Dataverse RLS in Power BI without success. 

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors