Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to convert text files (.txt) to Excel csv file format with power automate

Hi,

I couldn't find any topics specific to my request and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to convert numerous Text files (.txt) to Excel csv format using either power automate desktop or power automate browser. Only looking to change the file extension, the data inside the files remains unchanged. The text files are stored on sharepoint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I guess the easiest way would be to use the copy file action. You can copy the file and give a new name in one step. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I guess the easiest way would be to use the copy file action. You can copy the file and give a new name in one step. 

this is not a valid solution and should not be accepted as the answer. Comma seperated text files do properly convert to csv files

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've had to do bit more research to get the specific steps right as its not as straight forward as I had presumed since I wanted the flow to do bulk copy files to another folder and rename all of them in one flow.

Thanks again.

If you figured out how to do it, can you post the steps? I know I would find it helpful and I am sure others would as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hsfournier unfortunately the flows I created for this don't work anymore as my machine got an upgrade and the power desktop trial licence I had expired. Try posting your question in a new thread and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors