Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OvidiuNeacsu
Resolver I
Resolver I

Embed a dashboard into an Excel that is shared in Sharepoint

Hello everyone, 

I have an Excel file that is in SharePoint, shared between multiple departments in the company. I need to update it every week with a simple calculation. 

What I would like to achieve is embed the dashboard/app/metric that contains exactly what's needed into that Excel Sheet.

I tried Get Data (but it's not present) 

OvidiuNeacsu_0-1639660656809.png

In Options, I've read that there's a Power BI add-in, which is not present in SharePoint. 

OvidiuNeacsu_1-1639660702726.png

Any ideas on how I can get 1 metric into this excel without doing it manually every week? 

Thank you very much for your support, 

Ovidiu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OvidiuNeacsu
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solved it. I was supposed to open the file from Desktop to have those options. Apologies. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OvidiuNeacsu
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solved it. I was supposed to open the file from Desktop to have those options. Apologies. 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

@Caesar , is the metric coming in as a single string, value or some other object? Does it have a specific destination like at the end of a table or target range?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors