This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
KPI Visual

What is the behaviour of the KPI visual?

As in, what is the certain %age that it should reach against the target when it turns green or amber or remains red?

Re: KPI Visual

Could a moderator please advise me as to why I have been added to the Norway usergroup?

I do not live in Norway and I keep getting notifications of posts in this group -- and I can't seem to remove myself from it.

I think you have replied to the wrong post.
Visitor

Hi,

To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings  or unsubscribe.

Brgds,

Øyvind Elnan

Can everyone please use a different post. my original qn about power bi kpi visual is lost between all this discussion about being added to a certain groups.
[ Edited ]

Hi @aasheesh1,

the KPI visual compares two values in addiction to a criteria and show you the trend / progression.

In my example I have a Customer as trend, a measure which calculate the value for the last year as goal and a measure which calculate the value for this year as indicator.

KPI.PNG

The visual shows the actual reached value (big and green) thereunder at the left hand the goal and value and on the right hand the reached progression as percentage.

I hope that will help you.

[ Edited ]

"I think you have replied to the wrong post."

Actually, I did not.

Fact is, I have been added to this user group without my conscent.

Hi @Sebastian,

Thanks. Yes I know what the KPI visual does. But my question what when does it turn green, amber or red. At what %age levels of reaching the goal does it become these colours? Is it always red until it reaches goal metric? I would have though it would be something like if its 80% of goal it would be amber and below that it would be red and so on.

If not, how does one set it to be that?

Regular Visitor

Hi @aasheesh1

To customize the conditional behaviour on KPI visual, please follow the below steps

1> Two measures required

DAMP% (value to be shown on KPI visual) formatted to percentage
Create a new measure with target value, say Target=1 (or as per your targets say 0.9 (means 90%)or 0.8 (means 80%)

2> use KPIstatuswithhistory (available in visual gallery)

3> In the fields section,

Actual Value = DAMP%

Target Value = Target

4> In the format section,

Under KPI,

Banding = .5

Now, see the visual behaviour

if DAMP% = 100% then visual will be Green

If DAMP% > 99.6% then visual will be Amber

if DAMP% <=99.5% then visual will be red

To control the KPI to turn amber, edit the banding to desired value.

Highlighted

So the key is to use the custom KPI visual to get the banding option. I see.

Thanks @anithat!