Frequent Visitor

SCCM Template database issues?

Im having a very strange issue.

I have installed a set of clients with sccm (this example case 30), and everything is normal based on resource explorer, i have gathered all the hardware details i want, in particular model, which i have created some powerbi on.

When the solution template is running, it fails to copy this information from the main DB for 23 of the clients.

Any have some clue as to why? when i check the queries in the Solution template DB they are blank, but when i check the resource explorer of SCCM the information is there, so the hardware info has been published to the main SCCM database.

Frequent Visitor

Re: SCCM Template database issues?

This is the main CM database query that has the hardware details inside.

2017-05-02_121633.png

this is aview of the computer table in the solution template, and as you can see both manufactor and model is empty for some unknown reason. its very annoying...

2017-05-02_121945.png

Seeing similar issues after a short period of time.  When I first implement and set things up, data populates the tables with no problems.  I can wait 24 hours and refresh the data and start to notice a decline in installed software counts, and other areas.  If I wait it out even longer, eventually, software updates won't populate at all.  Seems like either a stored procedure issue, or perhaps there might be a character in one of the tables that's causing the data query to fail?

Frequent Visitor

Ye. the data that is being updated is not totally accurate anymore. even refresh by gateway to powerbi online seems off, i have to manually run the gateway refresh to make sure.

i had to make a different dashboard for sofware that works with live data so that i am sure the data is more accurate.

Hi there,

If the s/w counts aren't updating, can you contact us so we can take a look? You can reach us at pbisolntemplates@microsoft.com.

Regards,

Richard

Frequent Visitor

email has been sent.

Frequent Visitor

when i started the installer it told me tehre was a new version available, and i tried to update to the latest version just for the heck of it, and it seems they have finally come into the system.

is there somewhere its possible to keep track of versioning of this template, so once can be sure which version is installed vs available?

Frequent Visitor

If you look in your installed Windows programs under the solution template name, it will tell you your currently installed version. To see what the latest version we have available is, you can navigate to the following url:

https://bpstservice.azurewebsites.net/api/version

To stay up to date, I recommend always grabbing the latest installer from our site.

Frequent Visitor

that didnt make any sense.

under my programs and features, its now listed with SCCM Template as version 3.0.6330.31405

your link says 2.5.1.21

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I gave you the wrong information. The version number that appears in programs and features is the version of the msi, not for the underlying solution template.

To figure out the version of the SCCM template the easiest thing to do would be the following:

1. Navigate to the following directory: <Program Files Location>\Microsoft Templates\Microsoft-SCCMTemplate
  2. Find Microsoft.Bpst.App.Msi.exe
  3. Right click it and select Properties
  4. Navigate to the Details tab

Version should be there.