Frequent Visitor

Issue in validating Target Database while configuring Microsoft SCCM Template

Hi All

I am trying to use Microsoft SCCM Template and during configuration while connecting to target database i am getting below error and this is coming after i click on validate button post mentioning SQL server name. I am assuming this is due to some permission issue on the database created. Kindly help to to know the permissions required on SQL DB for the same.

Error : "No SQL databases were found in the selected SQL Server"

Re: Issue in validating Target Database while configuring Microsoft SCCM Template

If this is a new installation of SQL then you will need to create a Database first.

Re: Issue in validating Target Database while configuring Microsoft SCCM Template

Same issue, I created an empty database, but it will not show it on the drop down.

Can I not use the same SQL instance that I used for the source and also use it for the target?

Advisor

Could be a variety of things, but it's probably related to not having a database instance or insufficient rights to that database.  Try connecting to the same instance via Management Studios or the Azure Query Editor, and create a simple table.  Add a couple records to the table...that will confirm you have sufficient rights.

Realized what was wrong.

That template wizard that runs, caches databases. 

If you open the wizard and have NOT made all the databases first, it won't populate.

I just closed the template wizard and re-launched it and it worked perfectly.