Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Facebook Campaign Solution: Facebook Page Not Found

Hello. I'm trying to configure the Campaign/Brand Management for Facebook but when I get to indicate the page that I want to follow, it says it can't find it. I even tried just typing "Microsoft" and it doesn't work either.

It says the following:

One or more of the pages you entered could not be found

View Details:

Microsoft not found --- Action Failed Microsoft-ValidateFacebookPage --- Error IDSmiley Sadqp7ylvud0c)

Am I missing anything or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Facebook Campaign Solution: Facebook Page Not Found

Hi Mike,

As @hoonybro90 suggested, the fix if to get your facebook application the public_profile permission which: Provides access to a person's name and profile picture.

Due to the new changes in Facebook's policy, this does require a screen capture, explaining how the permission will be used.

Within the solution template, the permission is used to caputre publicly available information from the pages that you want to follow.

Unfortunately, this is something that has to be done within the Facebook application context itself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Cat

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing same error not sure if there is any change in template/ API used , When i tried to pull data from page usinsg Facebook connector in PBI desktop, it works. But same page was not found using Solution template.

Frequent Visitor

Apart from us two, nobody is experiencing the same problem? How can this be solved?

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I am also unable to setup the template to follow public pages.

I am assuming that this is due to the policy and permission changes made by facebook and I assume that the facebook application that you created requires the permission "Page Public Content Access" which can only be approved after a submission of the application.

The submission requires a screen recording of how you are using the permission.

I have yet to try getting approved for this permission so all this is still just an assumption.

And I dont think it will be easy for people to get approved for permission.

Hope there is an update on this soon.

Advisor

So now we are 3. And before you ask the obvious question - I'm no relation to @hoonybro90 ...

I'm striking the same problem.  I tried making my FB app public - that didnt work either.  I'm stuck.

I hope it can be fixed soon.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Mike,

As @hoonybro90 suggested, the fix if to get your facebook application the public_profile permission which: Provides access to a person's name and profile picture.

Due to the new changes in Facebook's policy, this does require a screen capture, explaining how the permission will be used.

Within the solution template, the permission is used to caputre publicly available information from the pages that you want to follow.

Unfortunately, this is something that has to be done within the Facebook application context itself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Cat

Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks - I think I'll give up at this point.  There's obviously a whole learning curve about facebook app configuration that wasn't documented, and I dont have time for.