04-25-2017 08:29 PM - edited 04-28-2017 01:48 PM
We’re excited to announce that Power BI Pride is here again!
As you know, last year we drove an exciting effort to hear from our valued Power BI community – spanning customers, partners, and employees. We asked for insights on what people loved most about Power BI. We got some great responses that really highlighted their excitement and pride around Power BI. The submissions were showcased on Power BI YouTube channel and some of the stories we’re highlighted at the Microsoft Data Summit 2016. See that spirit in action Power BI Pride 2016
This year, we’re building on the excitement but changing it around a bit. We want to hear specifically about the top 10 features of Power BI that the community has voted on.
Rank Top Favorite Feature
1 Embed in SharePoint/Office365
2 PowerPoint Integration
3 Download Reports to a .pbix file
4 Top N Filters
5 Send report or dashboard as email
6 Add a "snap to grid" like functionality to Power BI Desktop
7 Export Power BI Desktop to CSV/Excel
8 Searchable Slicer
9 Add forecasting feature
10 Better Date Range filters
So, we want to hear what made any of these features special or impactful for you.
To participate, take a video of yourself sharing your excitement about one of these top Power BI features. Here are a few tips to get you started!
- What’s your name and where are you from?
- Why do you LOVE about Power BI feature X (select from top 10 voted features)?
- How does Power BI feature X make your job easier?
- What’s the best thing you’ve visualized with Power BI feature X?
- If Power BI feature X did not exist, how would you feel?
- If you had to describe Power BI feature X in three words…?
- What adjective best describes Power BI feature X?
- If Power BI feature X was a family member, which family member would it be?
- If Power BI feature X was a movie, which movie would it be?
- One thing you’re exceptionally good at?
- Super Hero Power you’d want to have?
Send your submission to PBIPride@microsoft.com with the subject “PBI Pride 2017 Submission” by starting today.
Deadline for all submissions is May 14, 2017.
A few notes:
- You must be a member of the community to submit a video (it's easy and free to register) See full instructions below) and Terms and Conditions prior to participating.
- Select videos will be included in the Data Insights Summit opening keynote with Microsoft CVP James Phillips, and shown elsewhere throughout the 2-day event to attendees from around the world!
- All videos (that adhere to the guidelines) will published on the Power BI YouTube channel on June 12 so that the world can see!
- This is not a contest – so there are no prizes – it’s all about the PRIDE!