09-12-2018 09:01 AM - edited 09-12-2018 09:05 AM
What is it?
A full day Hands-on workshop for Business Analysts, covering the breadth of Power BI capabilities.
Who is it for?
Users who are required to analyse organisational data, required to prepare regular performance reports for line managers or senior management. This hands-on workshop will be particularly useful for business analysts, strategy, performance, HR, sales and IT professionals.
What will you take away from the event?
- Have enough knowledge and hand-on experience they need to understand and fully appreciate the capabilities of Power BI
- Understand how Power BI can help your organisation to improve performance at all levels.
- Understand how to become Power BI advocates in your organisation
- Understand what steps you would need to take to learn more about Power BI and how you can engage with, contribute to and learn from Power BI community.
- Access to a Microsoft certified Power BI expert.
- Bring your own data – following the lab sessions time is set aside for you to bring your own data and use the expertise of the instructor to take a relevant report away from the session.
Agenda for the day (Times are approximate and will be fluid with the class)
08:30 AM – 09:00 AM – Arrival + Breakfast
09:00 AM – 09:30 AM – Introduction to Power BI and Power BI Desktop overview
09:30 AM – 12:15 AM – Power BI Desktop – Lab
12:15 PM – 12:45 PM – Lunch and demos
12:45 AM – 01:00 PM – Power BI Service overview
01:00 AM – 02:00 PM – Power BI service Part I – Lab
02:00 PM – 02:45 PM – Power BI Service Part II – Lab (Optional)
02:45 PM – 04:45 PM – Bring your own data and build dashboards
04:45 PM – 05:00 PM – Q&A
Date: Tuesday, 25th September 2018
Time: 08:30 AM for prompt 09:00 AM start – 5:00 PM BST
Village Hotel Leeds North
186 OItley Road
Free parking is available to all attendees. Discounts for stay at the hotel are available. Please contact us for further information.
Complimentary tea, coffee and water available throughout the day.
Complimentary hot buffet lunch will be provided (dietary requirements will be requested following confirmation)