07-15-2018 01:02 PM
Power BI Dashboard in a Day.
What is it?
A full day Hands-on workshop for Business Analysts, covering the breadth of Power BI capabilities.
Who is it for?
Users who are required to analyse organisational data, required to prepare regular performance reports for line managers or senior management. This hands-on workshop will be particularly useful for business analysts, strategy, performance, HR, sales and IT professionals.
What will you take away from the event?
- Have enough knowledge and hand-on experience they need to understand and fully appreciate the capabilities of Power BI
- Understand how Power BI can help your organisation to improve performance at all levels.
- Understand how to become Power BI advocates in your organisation
- Understand what steps you would need to take to learn more about Power BI and how you can engage with, contribute to and learn from Power BI community.
- Access to a Microsoft certified Power BI expert.
- Bring your own data – following the lab sessions time is set aside for you to bring your own data and use the expertise of the instructor to take a relevant report away from the session.
Agenda for the day (Times are approximate and will be fluid with the class)
08:30 AM – 09:00 AM – Arrival + Breakfast
09:00 AM – 09:30 AM – Introduction to Power BI and Power BI Desktop overview
09:30 AM – 12:15 AM – Power BI Desktop – Lab
12:15 PM – 12:45 PM – Lunch and demos
12:45 AM – 01:00 PM – Power BI Service overview
01:00 AM – 02:00 PM – Power BI service Part I – Lab
02:00 PM – 02:45 PM – Power BI Service Part II – Lab (Optional)
02:45 PM – 04:45 PM – Bring your own data and build dashboards
04:45 PM – 05:00 PM – Q&A
Date: Thursday, 26th July 2018
Time: 08:30 AM for prompt 09:00 AM start – 5:00 PM BST
The cost for this even is £230 per person (inclusive of fees).There is a strict restriction on 25 attendees only.
Ticket available from Eventbrite UK link below:
Village Hotel Leeds North
186 OItley Road
Free parking is available to all attendees. Discounts for stay at the hotel are available. Please contact us for further information.
Complimentary tea, coffee and water available throughout the day.
Complimentary hot buffet lunch will be provided (dietary requirements will be requested following confirmation).
- Laptop: At minimum, a computer with 2-cores and 4GB RAM running on one of the following versions of Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, (64-bit preferred), Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 or Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012/R2
- Internet connectivity: You must be connected to the internet (provided at location)
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop installed: you should have downloaded and installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521662, or https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NTXR16HNW1T.Optionally, you can also install Power BI Desktop from the Power BI Desktop Install folder on the flash drive that will be provided on the day.
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater.
- Signup for Power BI: Go to http://aka.ms/pbidiadtrainingand sign up for Power BI with a business email address. If you cannot sign up for Power BI, let the instructor know.
- If you have an existing account, please go to http://app.powerbi.com and Sign in using your Power BI account
- Bring your own data. Ideally excel/CSV/text file of your own data for you to mashup and create visualisations. For other source ensure you have connection to this source outside your organisation. Any data brought to the session will not be shared with any other attendees unless permission is explicitly given.