Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heddanewman
Employee
Employee

Please Welcome Eric Archer and Hugo Bernier!

Please join me in welcoming Eric Archer and Hugo Bernier to our growing community success team! Hugo is our new Power Pages Principal PM Manager and Eric joins us as Sr. Program Manager, Dynamics 365 F&O. They will be focused on community success including engagement, growth, supporting our MVPs, Super Users and User Group Leaders. We are thrilled to have them join us after many great years in various roles around Microsoft, being huge parts of our community, and all-around great people.

heddanewman_1-1656611639779.pngEric Archer has worked at Microsoft since 2017 as a contractor serving several roles in Procurement as well as the marketing department.  Prior to Microsoft he worked in multiple industries including construction estimation & project management, retail sales management, as well as photography & multimedia content creation.  He has photographed over half a million people’s portraits and taught thousands of amateurs the art of photography. Professionally Eric considers himself a “wildcard” who can plug into virtually any team, identify their needs, and become the SME in short order. 

heddanewman_2-1656611665364.png

Here are a few thoughts from Eric: “ I have ADHD but wasn’t diagnosed until adulthood which caused me to bounce around a lot in my early career. I have now learned how to harness it as an asset instead of a disability, and the diversity of skills I’ve acquired because of the early mobility turned out to be a perfect foundation for program management.  I have a passion for problem solving, an appreciation for the power of data, and love thinking outside of the box.  Making sense out of chaos is highly rewarding, and I truly enjoy the process of pulling a team together toward a common goal.”

Eric is a Washington native living in Shoreline with his wife of 17 years Elizabeth and 7-year-old son Gideon.  His hobby is taking on new hobbies! The current top one is 3D printing and design, which is more of an obsession than a hobby. 

Hugo Bernier fell in love with programming when he was 12 year old; when he was 16, he started his own software consulting company, and has lived out this quote by Mark Twain ever since: “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life“.  As a consultant specializing in practice building at McKinsey & Company, he learned to combine his passion for programming with his love of problem solving, public speaking, and community-building; this passion took him to Singapore, Germany, Finland, Australia, Hungary, South Africa, Japan, Indonesia, France, the UK, and Malaysia.

heddanewman_3-1656611708740.pngHe has worked with SharePoint since it was codenamed “Tahoe” and became an MVP and a member of the Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team, where he worked on community initiative such as the Sharing is Caring program, the sample galleries, the community blog, and the recognition program. Hugo joined Microsoft Canada in 2001, where he became a Power Platform Senior Cloud Solution Architect, where he created the Rapid Screening Portal and helped deliver some of the largest Power Apps Pages implementations in Canada. In his spare time, he continued working with the Microsoft 365 community, and spoke at many conferences and other events.

heddanewman_4-1656611740533.png

Here are a few thoughts directly from Hugo: “As a person on the autism spectrum disorder, and a parent to 3 children – 2 of which are neuro-diverse -- I am an outspoken advocate for diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. I am thrilled to combine all my passions in my new role and be part of the amazing Community Success team!”

Love hearing your big ideas and feedback - if you would like a chat with me please book one using this: https://aka.ms/heddacommunitychats
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.