Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

It seems like yesterday that we announced our Season 1 Super Users, but we’ve already reached Season 2 for the year. Since inaugurating our first tiered Super Users, they have done an amazing job at keeping this community helpful, and we would like to send a big THANK YOU to them for that!

Curious what a Super User is? Super Users are especially active community members who are always eager to help others with their Power BI questions. There are 2 Super User seasons in a year, and we monitor the community for new potential Super Users towards the end of each season. Super Users are recognized in the community with both a rank name and icon right next to their username and a seasonal badge on their profile.

Rank name and icon - generic.png

S1.PNG

You can find more information on Super Users in our support article “What Is a Super User?”.

With the start of Season 2 of 2020, we are welcoming 24 new members (for a total of 77 Super Users). That’s an increase of 37.5% from the 56 Super Users of last season! Keep it up, everyone, and maybe you will be able to join next season. 😉

In addition, we are introducing new tiers. Super User tiers are similar to ranks in that they increase from tier 1 to the top tier, as users participate in the community. Just like we have a secret formula for ranks, the Super Users tiers are based on a point system that determines where a Super User falls in the tiers. Each tier comes with certain perks, but there are also special abilities that all Super Users get, such as being able to have a signature. After we launched the new tier program last season, we soon realized that our Super Users were so dedicated, that some of them already reached the top tier, tier 4. We therefore decided to increase our original 4 tiers to a total of 10! Let's see who will reach the top tier first.

Without further ado, please welcome our new members, who impressed us by always going that extra mile to qualify for the Super User program:

mahoneypat

camargos88

harshnathani

AllisonKennedy

FrankAt

DebbieE

BA_Pete

DataZoe

EricHulshof

DavieJoe

DavidWaters100

fhill

Kcantor

Pragati11

ryan_mayu

ashishrj

jthomson

dedelman_clng

lbendlin

vivran22

AntrikshSharma

mussaenda

OwenAuger

nandukrishnavs

Thanks also to these dedicated community members, who continue to be part of the program. Due to their awesome work, a lot of our Super Users have been able to climb the ranks:

AiolosZhao

amitchandak

Ashish_Mathur

az38

danextian

dm-p

edhans

Greg_Deckler

HotChilli

Jimmy801

Mariusz

mwegener

nickyvv

parry2k

PaulDBrown

Tahreem24

TomMartens

vanessafvg

VasTg

adetogni

AlB

AnkitBI

AnthonyTilley

CheenuSing

ChrisMendoza

Cmcmahan

d_gosbell

GilbertQ

Gordonlilj

ibarrau

ImkeF

JarroVGIT

Jayendran

jborro

jdbuchanan71

kentyler

KHorseman

lc_finance

MartynRamsden

MFelix

natelpeterson

Nathaniel_C

Nolock

PattemManohar

RobbeVL

Seth_C_Bauer

smpa01

Stachu

SteveCampbell

sturlaws

tejaswidmello

tex628

Zubair_Muhammad

Congratulations to everyone who was eligible to join the program and to all Super Users who continue to be superheroes for our community!

If you want to share your own congrats and thanks, comment below.

18 REPLIES 18
locfptptthotmai

ok

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Flag it if not allowed.

I really couldn't find any place to start a discussion regarding this issue but since it has to do with some annoying superusers, here goes -

I understand a lot of you are trying to make a name for yourselves by helping as many people as possible and getting the kudos for it. But spamming peoples' questions with meaningless or useless suggestions that are not really specifically applicable in the context of their issue is not the way to go. There are a couple of superusers (one that I reported to the moderators) that I won't name who almost always respond to every question I post but in essence all they are doing is reading my problem back to me, or suggesting something very generalized and vague with no specific steps or strategy about how I should tackle my issue. Not only that, they provide links to useless general articles, or their own blogs or content (promotion?) that have very little to almost no relevance to my problem. I don't care squatt about what cookbook you wrote for Power BI or other tools unless it helps me resolve my issue with minimum downtime. I'm very new to this forum but is this the general quality of experience I should expect when seeking help? Is this how the "knowledgeable" people of this forum look like?

Sandy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you @pborah  - we will certainly investigate.  Please feel free to message me privately to share more of your experience.

I agree. I can't believe this happens in a circle of (supposedly) educated people. It only wastes people's time and resources.

In addition to what you mention, I've also come across with answers flagged as solutions that are not really solutions. Very misleading.

Everybody who contributes here should do just that: contribute. That's how the community becomes stronger.

Sandy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you @marcoselias - we will certainly investigate.  Please feel free to message me privately to share more of your experience.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Wow, somehow I missed this! I guess I don't spend much time on the home page! 🙂 Congratulations to everyone new to the Super User program! Happy to have you on board. I recognize quite a few of the user ID's!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
anadavalos
Frequent Visitor

Congratulations for contributing towards everyone's growth and support.

anadavalos
Frequent Visitor

Congratulations and thank you for your giving personality!

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

So excited to be part of this dynamic and helpful group

Cheers,

Harsh Nathani

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Many Congratulations to all the new and formal Super User folk!

Hope to meet you all in upcoming Super Users Call.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi All,

Good to see we are growing in numbers, congrats and well done to everyone!

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Very excited to start this season as a superuser, thank you again for inviting me! 😄

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Really excited to be part of the group. Thank you for all support & guidance.

Cheers!
Vivek

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

Very glad to have this new role and will keep learning

Proud to be a Super User!

Daviejoe
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Delighted to be a part of the Community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

So happy to be part of this and more motivated to contribute more to this community 🙂

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

It's nice that you are all here. 🤗

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

So exciting to be part of this. thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.