Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

Incoming: New and Improved Badges!

Exciting news: Brand new badges are coming to you!

After not making any changes to the current badges for quite a while, we decided it was time to revamp our current badges as well as to add new ones. The updated design will ensure that there is more consistency across our Power Platform communities: Power BI, Flow, and Power Apps.

New vs Old.png

Besides having a sleeker appearance, the new badge design is more accessibility compliant, so that all community members can enjoy them. The numbers on the badges referring to a count have been made larger, so that it is now much easier to see how many Kudos you have given or received, how often you have replied, what your solution count is, etc.

Not only are we redesigning the existing badges, but we are also slowly, over the next few weeks, rolling out badges for higher activity counts, such as 1,000 Kudos received, and brand-new anniversary badges to reflect for how long you’ve been a member of our community. This means that you can earn even more badges now.

1 year_PBI.png

Whenever you unlock a new badge, you receive a notification. As we roll out new badges over the next few weeks, you may even earn badges based on your past community contributions! You will receive a notification for these, as well. Since we are releasing the redesigned and new badges in waves, you may receive multiple notifications, not just for brand new badges, but also for ones that you earned in the past too!

How do you like the redesign? Is there a badge that you are especially looking forward to earning?

35 REPLIES 35
claudemir_porta

Ficou muito legal, parabens pela idéia dos selos

Robin7387
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for awarding me a new badge.  However, can you tell me what they are for?  This is the first time signing up to this community.  What are badges used for?

Thank you.

I think that the intent is to promote participation.  Just like 'likes' in social media.🦇

fallrains
Frequent Visitor

Great.....

anilsharma80
Frequent Visitor

its great!

Vachba

Takk. It is a motivation factor to be awarded a  New and Improved Badges

chethana
Frequent Visitor

Great 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the badges and general gamification approach. Is it possible to build this type of badge tracker in PowerBI itself? I'd love to create something similar for internal trainings.

Preeti_Yadav
Resolver I
Resolver I

Nice..😊

Reyesnes
Helper I
Helper I

Fantastic, I like it. 😎

Nice 🙂

Preeti_Yadav
Resolver I
Resolver I

It looks Nice👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

It look GREAT!!!! 😍

Bravo!!!!

ansenho
Regular Visitor

Nice 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see new badges with good look.

Great New

lmarenco

This is great!!

gaiurangb
Frequent Visitor

New motivation : Earn more badges.

Emil_Yusifov
Regular Visitor

I think, it is a nice idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.