Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything - Recording Now Available!

If you’ve been a member of our community for a while, you know that we hosted our first two Triple A events late last year, one with former Senior Program Manager Amanda Cofsky and a second one with Technical Fellow Amir Netz.  

The wait is finally over, and we are now inviting you to join us in our third event in the series and the very first one in the new year: Ask Arun Anything!

In this live event, you’ll get the unique opportunity to ask Arun Ulagaratchagan, GM Intelligence Platform, Power BI questions that have been on your mind.

Arun.jpg

Join us on February 25th, 2020 at 9 AM Pacific Time to learn about the latest updates, features and the future of Power BI!
Just like our other two Triple A events, space is limited. Reserve your spot now by kudoing this post. Reservations will be prioritized on when you kudoed the post - so don’t wait. The link for the event will be sent out on February 24th, to those who qualify.

Kudo this post to reserve your spot!
Kudos will be frozen on February 21st at 3 PM Pacific Time.

Invitations will be sent on February 24th to those that qualify.

Bring your questions! We’re looking forward to seeing you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
27 REPLIES 27
JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

You can now find a recording of the event linked at the bottom of the announcement post.

cmoore2073
Regular Visitor

Do you know when AAD/MFA auth will be supported for Dataflow connectors?   It currently only supports Basic/SQL Server Auth, and I've been told since last summer that this would be resolved by December 2019, but it is still not available.  This presents security/auditing issues for my org.

datenwerkstatt
Regular Visitor

I have two questions:

1. Incremental Refresh for Power BI dataflows for Pro Users. Is this something we can expect in the near future?

2. Incremental Refresh for OData Sources. Does this play well with Microsoft Dynamics BC on-premise?

Thank you...

carloscantu
Advocate I
Advocate I

My question for Arun:

Regarding Composite Models will it be possible to use two or more Tabular Models as data sources in the same report?

Thank you,

Carlos Cantu

JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

The registration period has ended. Kudos have been frozen to select attendees.

jleeca2016

Arun, I would like to know if Power Bi is going to build a solid statistical model for tracking manufacturing data?  For example, CpK, Control Charts, PpK, etc.  These will be very helpful and I would like for the community to build a visual with the pertitent informaton and it needs to be checked against MiniTab.  This way the data is the same.  Also have the ability to test for normality would be nice as well.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is available to be in PRD "Automatic Page Refresh" feature?

We have tested this feature a lot of times in Power BI Desktop and Service in process monitoring oriented reports and it works really good.  We need this feature as well as many other PBI users.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

BaconBrian
Frequent Visitor

how do I not get an email everytime someone replies to this thread?  I Kudo'd it, but did not subscribe.

@BaconBrian At the top of the thread click on the ... (vertical) and hit Subscribe. You'r done.

This is if you want to subscribe to a particular message.

But if you want to subscribe to the Topic Itself Click Topic Options (top right at the start of the topic) and then Subscribe.

If you want to see all your subscriptions,

Click on your Icon at the top right and then My Subscriptions.

I'm trying to not get notifications on when people respond to this thread. I am not subscribed to it.

oh well

@BaconBrian make sure u'r not subscribed b'coz under notification settings, the following option is turned on by default.

Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in 

To opt out of all email notifications turn on the following option

Turn off all email notifications

@BaconBrian In that case, you can delete that individual automatic subscription by following the instructions in our support article.

@BaconBrian At the top of the thread click on the ... (vertical) and hit Subscribe. You'r done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does the event says - Invitations will be sent to those who qualify? Is there anything to do other than giving kudos to the post, to secure a spot?

@Anonymous No, all you need to do is to Kudo the announcement post. That's it. 🙂

Invitations will be sent on February 24th to those that qualify.

How does one qualify? @JCM_iTalent  Is it those who pay big bucks? Could you clarify please? 

@Zion All you need to do is to Kudo the announcement post.

HansKristiansen
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Question:

What is the roadmap for Power BI integration with Azure Data Catalog?

Zion
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Arun,

A simple and straightforward question - Please give a simple and straightforward answer too.

Will Paginated reports be made avaliable on PRO? If so when?

This idea (Paginated reports - please make it available in Pro as well as Premium) has been around for a long time and it is a top ask with 3703 votes and few hundred comments citing valid and practical reason to have paginated reports avaliable on PRO. But we have no clear reply from MS till now. The last time someone from MS responded was on July 25, 2019. I am not sure if this is a respectable way to treat the community which MS says is very important and valuable. At least communicate. Say something.

Hope Arun will not disappoint.

Thanks

edchuy
Advocate II
Advocate II

I see that Power BI Desktop was updated yesterday. So, I guess we'll have to wait until this event to find out what the updates were, right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.