cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anywhereanytime Helper III
Helper III

Re: Exclusive LIVE Community Event #2 – Ask Amir Anything

Amir is a Jedi Master, please include me!

asjones Helper II
Helper II

yes

Adding my Kudo! Had issues with the Ask Amanda Anything...wasn't able to submit a question. Have a ton for Amir!

Scott

johnyounie

Re: DAX source code protection in Power BI Service

That is a great question, I would be interested in the answer too!

PBI-Ninja
Frequent Visitor

Heads-up of the question I would be looking forward in case I get the chance to attend this event: 

I have few developers who do not have access to Service.  Service access is only granted to business users and few SPOCs from IT team.  Developers update the PBIX file and place it in a shared folder.  There is a need to auto-publish this PBIX file to Power BI Service in shared workspace.

Power BI gateway will not work in this scenario as strucutre of the report can also change.  Is there any way to publish the PBIX file without manually opening the file and clicking on "Publish"?

PBI-Ninja
Frequent Visitor

Another scenario - if there is no change in structure.  

Is it possible to automate auto-refresh of PBIX file and then Publish to workspace. <Again without need of Power BI gateway>

Highlighted
lrACN
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amir! I was looking for such a possibility to interact.

I would ask:

PBI Desktop --> Matrix visual --> possible sorting both for columns and rows when using multiple dimensions, as in a pivot table?

PBI Desktop --> Pie Chart visual --> Will ever be developed an official custom visual treating negative values with absolute area shown as an option?

PBI Desktop --> Interface: I attach

PBI Desktop - Interface improvement proposal - Luigi Russoa figure explaining an issue due to my actual desktop resolution(*) and a proposal to improve it: I have too few space in the custom visual properties editor, as shown. Please would it be possible to resize the custom visual palette areas or detach those elements apart to enlarge the properties editor and make more properties visible?

(*) My workstation: Dell Latitude 7490, set @ 1920x1080, and with "Scale and layout" at 150% (default company recommended setting).

Many Thanks for all your efforts!

Best regards

Luigi

Sebastiaan
Frequent Visitor

I would be very interested to learn whether there are intentions to develop the integration with Python further, to enable interactive visuals?

rnguno10
Regular Visitor

Hey - This is a great event. I am new to Power BI. I have the following question for Amir.

- Have you considered extending conditional formatting to the total column and row in a Matrix? Extending conditional formatting to total column and row will be very helpful for business analysts like me.

Thanks.

gipcorp

Kudos, can't wait!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Kudoed Authors